23.6.05

Roma, Italy

June 20:
195 and I headed out to Roma to see most of the Roman s ruins...there were lot of them littering throughout the city , more than I remember when I first visited there in 1999 when I was barely 18 years old. I presume at my young age, I didnt not pay attention fully as I should have but nevertheless, I enjoyed visiting there both of the time but this time was bit of efforting to find places during the hot day unlike in my young days where everything was taken care of and the trip was during late sprintime where it was cooler. We managed to see Colosseum but didnt went inside it as they didnt accept credit card and we didnt see any ATM nearby so we went on to next ruins that was right next to Colosseum, it also require admission in cash only so we venture around the outside ruins that were free to the public. We took lot of pictures but at one certain point where I saw a bench with a wall behind it that had some of roman colums ruins sitting atop the wall.. poir it, I saw lot of ruins on the ground without any fencing or roping around it and lot of people sat on it for pictures.. so I did the same but some of people start to looking at me funny.. soon afterward there was a guy who worked on the site come up.. I would said hes older guy in his senior year, flaming mad and gestured at me to get down.. I gestured to him that I am deaf and didnt know.. he incidating to his whistle and clearly showed that he was whistling at me in the warning to get off it... it was no wonder that those people were looking at me funny because I was being whistled at but I didnt react to it.. therefore, it was bit embarassing and the guy showed no remorse toward the fact that I am deaf and was not aware of it.. he continued to make a spectacle of me ... nevertheless, I feel bit insulted but luckily for 195 was there to smooth my seething feelings. We continued on to see other places in the city of Roma. We stopped at Pantheon, one of works by Michelangelo, it had a hole in the ceiling that let in the sunrays in order for it to shine on a wall at certain location to show the timing of the day, pretty brillant architecture work. We then tried to find a place that have a crypt underground for we never saw a one but we have no such luck so we went over to see infamous Spanish steps.. we didnt see why it was so famous as it showed up alot on the television.. another thing to research on..finally we headed back to home homebase at the campground.

1 comment:

FrecklesFly said...

Hiiii lil bro! I am so happy to hear from you.. have been missing my family in a way.. smiles.. thinking of taking the dirt bike or just let it retire for this summer, eh? What would you like from Europe for your b day as I want to get you something from there.. let me know :) Huggies