26.7.05

München-Berlin, Germany

July 20

195 and I arrived at the Jager's Hostel in München, bleary eyed near 7am in which the guy at reception exclaimed taht we were early! In the turn, the rooms were still full from the last night and we had to wait untip 2pm to take the claim on our precious bed spots. It left us to leaving our backpacks in lockers provided by hostel and ate all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 7am to 10am. We certainly took our time with the breakfast, helping ourselves much as we could and checking the spots, circling them, on the map of what to see until 2pm. Around 10am, we proceed to explore the München, checking out St. Michael church where King Ludwig II and his brother Otto were buried at. King Ludwig II was very well known for his fairy tale castles, one of them was Neuschwanstein castle that was frequently seen in tourist phamlet, caledar, 3-d puzzles and more all over the world. Then zoomed back to the Marzienplatz where the Glockenspiel clock was built at townhall in the celebration/gift for the wedding of Hofbräuhaus at 11am to watch the statues play and go around...the travel book warned that pickpockets practically had a field-day picking tourists' pockets while they gazed upward to the Glockenspiel clock (it didnt happen to us as we had almost nothing on us except the paper map that was worthless to them, grinz)

Ah! Time already ran out for me.... sigh... to be paused until then :(

6 comments:

proudpetite said...

Neuschwanstein castle is beautiful, especially when it's so white and tall amongst the mountains... I took a sightseeing of it online. A lot of castles look common but this one, it looks mystical. I'm fond of fairies, some particular castles and such so when you mentioned them, my ears twitch ;)

Did a bird pop out of Glockenspiel clock and sing its song?

Laural said...

oooh yes!! me too! I went there when I was little and still remember the inside of the castle to this day! :) so majestic!

proudpetite said...

you went there as a kid? that must be awesome because as kids, they have higher fantasy beliefs and to go in that castle as a kid, it's way beyond your imagination. That's probably why you still remember to this day? you have to tell me about it!

FrecklesFly said...

I sure wish I went there when I was little, it sure would look even more bigger and mystical. My brother and group from his school had toured there I believe, lucky him.. least I get to see it at last :) I agree with you girls, its mountain and location was so beautiful that you could practically feel like you were a fairy! :D

oneninefive said...

Am having fun travelling with you! I know I may bug you a lot, but I think that's what makes your trip fun!
--
oneninefive

FrecklesFly said...

Yes, you (oneninefive) sure made the trip entertaining in everyways (winks) and always nice to see from the male's perspective! Hehe, you sure do enjoy it as well didnt ya? :)