25.4.06

1984

1984? Yea, that's a year after my sister was born and just before 1985, when we moved from California up to Washington State. There's nothing specific in this period of year, why?....Oh that "1984"? What do you have to say about that "1984" book, I would like to see your perspectives of it, I was sure there were some points I didn't see.

My overall opinion of this book was that it was bit dry and extremely depressing as humans were dehumanized. That make me shudder and would freak if I lose my free will. As one point out, this book may be good for putting a perspective of future could possibly be so that we could be prepared for the worst and keep it from happening or so forth. However, I feared it might promote the idea and some of it could happen just because that author brought the idea up. Just as Marx, his idea was for good cause but other took it up and use it in totally different twist. Anyway, that's just my side of view.. what's yours? :)

On to the next, "Oryx and Crake"......wonder what was its vision of future, will be reading it soon as 195 bring it for me to borrow :)

4 comments:

Buzzair said...

Ive always been meaning to read this book but never have yet.

FrecklesFly said...

I think I did read some back in high school but I have long since forgotten. Finally I got one recently and read it but only to return it as I dislike it so much :P

Brandon said...

Yeah, I read it when I was in highschool... I'm sure I've forgotten many parts of the book but the thing I found most interesting was that the book was actually written in 1940s or something and the predictions of future isn't that crazy. There is "big brother" watching over us everywhere with technology these days... I plan to re-read it again just for fun sometime soon whenever I finally have the time!

bg0ur3

FrecklesFly said...

One nite I had weird dream about something, a nano technology I think.. small green ball on my foot's pinkie.. it itches so bad.. so annoying so i get it off and squashed it.. then not so long later agents came up to me , asking lot of questions like why did i get rid of it and what was I up to.. I just played dumb.. nano what? I thought its just a dirt on my foot that making it itch such as lint or some kind of bug egg. gee scary if future are like that especially they are already installing chips in pets! Who know they might start installing them in newborns without our knowledge.. 1984 was still bit too extreme! Guess that author got a good imagination and vision of probabilities..Hope we died before it ever occurred or hope it never did...