27.11.05

Black Friday

Raise you hands (or "blog commet hand") if you have experience or seen Black Friday first-hand (its the huge sales in limited amount of hours on the Friday, the day right after Thanksgiving) I have heard of it but never seen or experienced. Alas, I was scheduled to work on that ill-fated day at Target, forced out of bed at 5:45 AM! There was a long line of people already waiting outside Target, there was even a food stand truck provided. Once the doors opened, yep, many customers rushed in. All of them either walk very fast or jog abit, taking lot of short cuts, mainly toward electronics or toys area. It was funny to watch how they all act from my register station. I was glad that I was not among them with all grabbing and arguing, so forth. There was even bunch of people being shoved to floor at entrance of store in Missouri. My mom went shopping that day (not one of those people that stand waiting but a hour or so later when its easier to go in) with my brother. She saw a knives stand at real good deal and it was last one. There was a woman with her arms full of stuff near her, protested that she saw it first. Yeah, maybe she saw but she don't have her hands on it but my mom was too nice and just let her have it rather than argue about it. She eventually got same one in Webster where they have more. Interesting day, interesting people, interesting capitalism country, huh? :)

3 comments:

FrecklesFly said...

Ha, I didn't have chance to check it out because I wasn't one of customers, I was one of slaves of Target. I had to go right in and get ready to work at register :P

oneninefive said...

Your mom should have been more nice by tossing the knife set to that woman and let her catch her "first saw" prize.
--
oneninefive

Buzzair said...

Last year Jesse and I went to Townhouse bar in Buffalo until 4am, went to his house and drank more, and then at 6 or 7am joined his mother to Sears and other stores at the mall to get deals.

I remember being buzzed and walking among all the people trying to find the things on the list that Jesse's mom gave me.

Jesse had his own list and by the end of it we had like 2 shopping cars full of christmas gifts for the whole Hayes family.

If your gonna do it, I suggest doing it drunk. You don't get angry at people shoving you and you have more guts pushing people out of your way. :)

Unless your a mean drunk...then steer clear and stay home.

So thats my one time experience with it.