3.6.06

VIA

Tell me what is the first thing that pop in your mind when u see "via"?

For no apparent reason, yesterday in one of my debating with my conscience's random thoughts while walking to home. The word "via" popped up, when using in sentence, you know what it mean but what do it really mean by means of dictionary?

via:
to?
by?
thro?
canada railway?
virtual interface architecture?

Thought it would be fun to look up.....

via:
by way of
by means of
its also a Latin word for "way" & "path"

Hm! Simplified way to say your message rather than pick one of "to", "by", "thro" and etc from English list of words :)

2 comments:

proudpetite said...

it'd be cool if words are described only by where it is derived from. It'd probably be less complicated this way.

With the descriptions the way they are in Webster's dictionary or in known dictionaries, they are lengthy and I feel that's the ONLY way you would have to use the word.

Suppose we just see at how the words are borrowed from, we would be left to use it somehow without being specific on how to use it.

I was just thinking that when I read your post :)

Brandon said...

for me, via = the train :)

i rarely say "via" as "through" or something...

bg0ur3